Aloha Editor, a WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get) HTML5 editor, has officially come out. It is easy to use, and features fast editing, floating menu, and support for HTML5 ContentEditable. It provides HTML5 WYSIWYG editor functionality to any website content instantaneously, allowing content editors to view changes the moment they type.
Aloha is very easy to integrate in your website. It also allows integration with ones wiki, blog or any other web application. Aloha produces clean HTML5 code once integrated into your application. Other noteworthy features are that it allows you to edit content directly in “sliders,” “tickers,” “content accordions,” “captions,” and descriptions of images in slideshows.
Other features include:
- There is no need to reload. No popups needed, and no need to preview
- One may insert a table with the size one wants with the click of a button
- Ability to edit and format text without HTML Markup
- Floating menu available – lightweight context menu
- Much speedier editing and loading time
- WYSIWYG for dynamic content
- HTML5 Contenteditable Support
To front-end developers, this is a lifesaver since HTML5 is perceived as a threat to replace Flash in terms of displaying dynamic content.