The Apple Watch is almost here. The release date is set for April 24, 2015 and the price range will be from $349 to $10,000.
- The Apple Watch Sport is made up of customized aluminum alloy. Color bands (silver or space gray) are made from high-performance plastic. The price of this is $349 for 38mm and $399 for 42mm sizes.
- The Apple Watch (steel case) is priced at $549 for the 38mm band and goes up to $1049, depending on the band you choose.
- Apple accepts preorders after April 10; however, shipping only starts on April 24.
- The product will be available in various countries across the world, including in U.K. Australia, China, Japan, France and Germany.
- You will be able to connect the watch with your iPhone over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
- The iPhone will be able to download apps for the Watch through the Apple Watch store.
The main function of the Apple Watch is to tell time. It is also able to play music similar to the iPod, measure heart rates using a fitness tracker, send and receive messages and make call and audio records. As well, it is able to control your Apple TV and act as a remote for smart TVs.
How Will It Work?
The Smart Watch is designed to work in collaboration with your iPhone. The two devices are meant to stay paired and connected for the features to work. The device runs on a brand-new S1 processor and is equipped with a gyro and acceleromoeter. You can press down on the crown to go to the home screen or touch and swipe to interact or speak to its microphone to give voice commands.
How To Charge It?
There is a separate charger for the Smart Watch. All you have to do is snap the charger on the back and it will start charging. It will last 18 hours on a single charge.
Mobile Marketing Specialists at Adobe recently did a study in order to place a firmer number of sales. They predicted that 10% of iPhone and iPad users will buy an Apple Watch within the first 18 months. This will equals to 25m sales.
Another poll done by Credit Suisse in January of this year suggested that 18% of iPhone 6 and 6 Plus owners will be buying an Apple Watch, which will equate to 35m sales in the first year.
In the end, it’s all down to how many devices Apple will be able to produce and whether the demand will outweigh the supply?
iRISEmedia.com is a Toronto digital media agency and SEO company, specializing in social media marketing and internet marketing. Our team helps clients increase their reach and profitability by developing and implementing customized and targeted online and social media marketing strategies. We service clients in Toronto, Ontario, the GTA and throughout Canada as well as globally.