Apple has finally launched its latest iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus at Wednesday’s Apple Event – a press and digital marketing event which unveiled the next generation of its flagship products. From leaked factory photos to spec predictions from analysts, the buzz has been building over the last few weeks. Gear up, Apple fans! No more rumors: here’s what you need to know about iPhone 7 before you buy or upgrade your device.
• More colour options. Apart from the current rose gold, gold, and silver, you now have two more colours to choose from: “Jet Black” and “Black” models.
• Even more storage for your videos, music and apps! Apart from changing its base model storage to 32GB, the tech giant has added 128GB and 256 GB variants.
• Apple is stepping up its photography capabilities. iPhone 7 has a larger, improved camera with optical image stabilization, an f/1.8 aperture, and a six-element lens to make it even better for shooting photos and videos in low light. iPhone 7 Plus has two 12-megapixel cameras on the back. This allows for a huge increase in photo quality and much better zoomed in photos without images going blurry.
• Retina HD Display
• A pressure-sensitive Home Button.
• No headphone jack on new phones. EarPods will connect via the Lightning port.
• Lightning EarPods and an adaptor included in the box.
• New wireless earbuds AirPods (available late October).
• Water and dust resistant.
Another Chance for Apple CEO Tim Cook
According to CNN Money, the Q3 2016 financials data showed device sales dropped 16 per cent, compared with the same quarter a year ago, and profits plunged 25 per cent. That marks the second straight quarter of Apple’s sales decline year-over-year. One of the reasons for poor financial performance is because customers are taking longer to upgrade their devices. In a slowing smartphone market where large companies experience growth saturation, Apple is facing cutthroat competition. In addition, Apple has recently become the centre of media attention after the European Commission made a decision that Apple should pay $14.5 billion in tax. Stakes are certainly high for Apple CEO Tim Cook.
With the recent digital marketing push – a relaunched “Shot on iPhone” campaign as well as the release of the long-awaited iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, Apple will attempt to reboot sales of its mobile devices.
More Good News for Apple
One falls while another rises in the Apple vs Samsung battle. Samsung, one of Apple’s major market competitors is experiencing a massive recall of its newly released Galaxy Note 7, due to a battery cell issue that has reportedly caused fires in some devices. The company may spend as much as $1-billion (U.S.) to replace all of the 2.5 million Note 7 phones that were shipped since they went on sale, Bloomberg reports. Digital marketing experts and analysts say that the recall will not only cause damage to its finances but also to its reputation.
The iPhone Stats Digital Marketers Need to Know
Marketing campaigns continue to become more tailored to mobile users in order to take advantage of consumer behaviours and preferences. Being the most popular mobile devices, Apple’s iPhone and iPad users will likely dominate your target audience. Here are some facts you might not know about the iPhone (Source: ExpandedRamblings)
• Date of first iPhone release: June 29, 2007
• Number of iPhone sold: 1 billion phones
• Average number of iPhones sold every minute: 395
• Percentage of smartphone industry profits that go to Apple: 94%
• Most popular iPhone/iPad app of all time: Facebook
More and more people are accessing the Internet on their mobile devices. In fact, more searches are done on mobile than on desktop. Therefore, make sure your digital marketing strategy is optimized for a mobile audience. The following is a list of important items for mobile marketing, a good starting point for any company looking to optimize their marketing campaign:
• A responsive mobile-friendly website
• The website pages load quickly and don’t require a lot of data
• The website is optimized for SEO on both mobile and desktop
• Engaging video and media content optimized for mobile
• Social media marketing
• Pay-Per-Click and other advertising campaigns tailored to both desktop and mobile users
Don’t know where to start? We can help. iRISEmedia.com is a Toronto based digital marketing agency and SEO company, specializing in Social Media and Internet marketing. Our team helps clients increase their reach and profitability by developing and implementing customized and targeted online and Social Media marketing strategies. We service clients in Toronto, Ontario, the GTA, Canada and globally.