Bell is running a social media campaign today and promises to donate 5 cents to mental health initiatives for every text message and mobile and long distance call sent and made by a Bell or Bell Aliant customer tweet using #BellLetsTalk and share the Facebook image.
With Olympian Clara Hughes as the public face, Bell hopes to break the stigma surrounding mental illnesses and improve access to help for two thirds of Canadians suffering with mental health disorder(s). As well, the aim of this campaign is to raise awareness on the importance of mental health in the workplace and provide funds for new treatments and cures.
The campaign is in its 5th year and has contributed over $67 million to mental health care and research.
Top 5 Facts about Mental Health
1. Mental illnesses are more common than cancer, diabetes and heart diseases.
2. 2/3rds of Canadians who suffer from a mental illness do not have access to the proper health care they need.
3. Only 1 in 5 children who need mental health services receive them.
4. Mental illness indirectly affects all Canadians at some time point in their lives, through a family member, friend or colleague.
5. Approximately 10-20% of Canadian youth suffer from mental illnesses and disorders – the most disabling group of disorders in the world.
If you are a Bell customer, today is your day to be texting and tweeting and perhaps activate your deactivated Facebook account as well. If you’re a local business, this is your chance to shine and couple your corporate message with a good cause. Should you need any help, do not hesitate to contact our social media marketing team.
iRISEmedia.com is a digital media agency and SEO company, specializing in Social Media and internet marketing. Our team helps clients increase their reach and profitability by developing and implementing customized and targeted online and social media marketing strategies. We service clients in Toronto, Ontario, the GTA and throughout Canada as well as globally.