If your company uses Social Media as part of its marketing mix and runs a “local business” page on Facebook, we have great news for you. Facebook has recently rolled out its new “Facebook Offers” feature for business pages, which enables companies to create coupons on Facebook for free and share on their timeline. This is a great opportunity for businesses, in particular, for small local companies to drive their sales and engage their customers through Social Media Channels.
How to Create an “Offer”
If you have a local business page, you can now find this new sharing tool at the top of your timeline – “Offer, Event +”. If you click on “Offer”, the offer editor will appear.
- The headline section is 90 characters long and designed for the main offer. Use a simple and strong message which will explain the value of the offer to the Facebook visitors.
- A thumbnail. Upload an image which will make your offer stand out. Use a 90 x 90 pixels square image, otherwise the image will be cropped when Facebook resizes it.
- Specify a limit of the coupons that can be redeemed.
- Set an expiration date. It is important to give your fans enough time to find and claim the offer as well as share it with their friends.
- Terms & Conditions. Provide your fans with detailed redemption rules and other related information that apply.
Facebook recommends tracking how many people claim, like, share and comment so you gain better insight of what works best for your business. It also keeps your staff updated on new offers. You can find more information about the “Facebook Offers” feature here (Source: http://www.facebook.com/help/offer).
iRISEmedia.com offers professional services in SEO, Website Design, Social Media Marketing and Mobile Apps. We are located in Toronto, Ontario and service the GTA and all of Canada. We also serve clients in the U.S. and parts of Latin America.