LinkedIn is working to enhance their mobile presence and to help keep people in touch, even when they’re not looking for a job. On July 10, 2014, the social networking giant launched an app to do just that, called Connected.
The new app focuses on bringing updates about people’s connections to their mobile devices. Events like job changes, work anniversaries or mentions in the news will show up as cards that users can swipe through left to right. As well, users can sync their app with their calendars and contacts, allowing them to see who in their contacts have LinkedIn accounts.
The app is currently available in English and on Apple mobile device, but plans are in the works for Android and international versions. Users do not have to manually add their existing contacts again; they show up when they sign in using their LinkedIn credentials.
Below is a list of 8 tips for incorporating LinkedIn into your company’s social media marketing campaigns:
- Ensure you have at least 3 LinkedIn profile recommendations listed on your LinkedIn profile page. If you do, you are 3 times more likely to be found via the LinkedIn profile search listings.
- Visually enhance your LinkedIn profile by using the Professional Portfolio feature to add photos, videos, linked articles with images, screenshots, and infographics and SlideShare presentations.
- Increase Engagement on LinkedIn Groups by joining a group that is relevant to your industry or creating one. Answer or ask questions and take part in discussions as frequently as you can.
- Include links to your blog and website in your LinkedIn profile. This will help you build credibility by displaying your full online presence.
- Complete your specializations and past experiences. Specializations should focus on what makes you unique from everyone else in your industry.
- Be active! Just like your company website, your LinkedIn profile is more likely to be viewed when you are actively updating it with fresh content. Make sure you use all the tools available to keep your profile up to date and use the status bar to provide comment on relevant news in your industry.
- Be compelling! Unfortunately, many LinkedIn profiles are extremely boring and showcase no interesting personalities or compelling attributes. Add an interesting story in your summary, have a video attachment, or at the least tell people who you are, who you help, and how you help them.
- The key to successful social lead generation on LinkedIn is to move from people “knowing” you to “liking and trusting” you.
In an average week there are approximately 10 million comments, likes and congratulations posted on LinkedIn. Put that together with the kinds of searches LinkedIn users do on the social networking site every day, and then combine that with an increasing focus on mobile for the company. It seems only plausible for LinkedIn to create an app that predicts the desire to get relevant information on those whom they are connected to. It abridges the process of remembering how and why you are connected.
iRISEmedia.com is a web design, social media marketing, and search engine marketing (SEM) firm in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Our team helps clients increase their reach and profitability by developing and implementing customized and targeted online and social media marketing strategies. We service clients in Toronto, Ontario, the GTA and throughout Canada as well as globally.
If you want to learn more about LinkedIn Marketing, click here to read an article, entitled 5 LinkedIn Tips To Improve Your Social Media Marketing Results.