Just to re-cap, in Part I of the “How to SEO Your Website” series we provided you with 16 tips to consider from an SEO perspective in the initial stages of building a website. In Part II we outlined 8 important SEO tips from a coding or programming perspective. In this article we will provide 6 great tips to attract not only the eyes of the people, but the eyes of the search engines as well. Content is crucial from both a short term and long term perspective. At the end of the day, the best SEO strategy is to have people accessing your website in order to gather pertinent information on a subject. If this happens enough times, the search engines will reward your site with the top positions.
How to SEO Your Website – Some Basic Rules in Creating Content for Your Website
By following some basic rules when creating content for your website, you will be able to prepare your site for better indexing as well as direct traffic and backlinking once the site goes online.
The following are 6 valuable SEO content tips from our “How to SEO Your Website” series:
- Content is one of the most important parts of the SEO process. It is imperative to have pertinent, well-written and unique content that will focus on your primary keyword(s) or keyword phrase(s).
- If content is crucial, then backlinks play a major role in your website’s SEO value. Build a network of quality backlinks using your keyword phrase as the target link.
- Have in mind that, if there is no logical reason for that specific site to link to you, you don’t want the link. Backlinking is good when the site that is pointing to you, has a similar audience to your site.
- Keep on adding new, useful content to your pages on a regular basis. Installing a blog on your site and updating it regularly is an excellent way to keep the content on your site fresh and updated. Content freshness adds relevancy to your site in the eyes of the search engines.
- Optimize your post title tag independently from your blog title.
- Google and Yahoo/Bing, for example, like unique content that is also quality content. There’s a difference between unique content and quality content. Make sure your content has both. By doing so, you’ll give other sites something to talk about, which leads to comments on your site which create backlinks. Link baiting is created by simply creating and adding a fresh supply of quality and unique content.