Haven’t updated your Google My Business account in a while? Google has confirmed last week that it may be deactivating accounts which have not been updated for over 6 months.
Google’s Jade Wang said,
“In some cases, we may contact Google My Business users via email to confirm that they are still actively managing a business page. If a user is unresponsive to our attempts to contact him or her and has not logged into Google My Business for a significant length of time, then we may unverify pages in the account. We’re doing this in order to continue to provide users with the best experience when they’re looking for local businesses like yours. If you find that a page in your account has been incorrectly unverified, please contact support to get assistance restoring verification.
It’s a good idea to keep an eye on the inbox associated with your Google My Business (Locations) account. It’s also a good idea to regularly log into Google My Business (Locations) to confirm that your business information is current and accurate.”
Although many Google local marketers are hesitant to utilize Google+ because it does not bring much traffic, it is still important to keep your business information up-to-date and keep your searchers informed. Think of it as the digital Yellow Pages. Every year, your city prints out a new copy of the Yellow Pages. Imagine how much business you would be losing if your business wasn’t listed in the book. Now most people don’t keep a copy of their yellow pages because they can find out the answer in just a few seconds via searching on Google.
6 Ways You Can Help Your Google My Business Shine
- – Update your business info on Search, Maps and Google+ to make it easy for customers to get in touch;
- – Add exterior shots of your business and a virtual 360 degree tour of your business interior to help customers see what makes your business so special;
- – Connect directly with current and prospective customers by sharing industry news, events and other important updates from your Google+ page;
- – Stay on top of reviews from across the web and respond to both praises and critiques;
- – Manage your information by downloading the Google My Business Android app and the iOS app;
- – Use Google My Business as a hub for inviting guests to events that you host and for hosting webinars and podcasts.
iRISEmedia.com is a Toronto digital marketing agency providing Social Media Marketing, SEO, PPC and online branding services. Our clients benefit from a varied mix of perspectives as we have experts in-office originating from Europe, Latin America, Asia and Africa; this way we can service clients throughout Canada and globally.
Contact the iRISEmedia digital marketing team to learn how you can keep atop your Google My Business account.