Pinterest is home to over 500,000 business pages and more than 70 million users. According to a recent Bizrate Insights report, a whopping 30% of North American online consumers have bought a product after seeing an image on a sharing site like Pinterest. Even when unable to easily click through an eCommerce website, a resolute 6% took the time to browse through the product on Pinterest to help them make informed purchasing decisions.
Recently, execs at Pinterest revealed that it would be unveiling a guided search on the popular Visual Discovery Tool, just like it did for its mobile app last April. Guided search will be used to better ascertain content on the Visual Discovery Tool, versus the current method of just passively scrolling through the home feed.
The move was one Pinterest’s executive had been salivating over for years; even before Facebook unveiled its Graph Search in 2013. The company is widely considered in the social media and online marketing world to have the optimal tools to help consumers discover and share things; anything from photos and recipes to locations and video. That prospect has dramatic implications for the future of commerce on the web, something that Jason Wilson, the lead designer at Pinterest, himself acknowledged.
Suffice it to say, if you’re not on Pinterest, you’re missing out on a great opportunity.
5 Tips for Marketing Your Business on Pinterest:
- Add a paragraph about your business and what you’re interested in to the “About” section on the Pinterest profile. It can be viewed right under your photo, and will be one way that users can find out more about you and your business.
- Make sure you feature your business name and your SEO keywords in your profile for enhanced exposure. Use your business name as your username, or change your profile name to your business name after your profile is set up.
- Don’t forget to add the URL of your website in your profile, too! It’s a DoFollow link.
- Like” other people’s pins to give a thumbs-up when you want to recognize great content.
- Pin from different sources.
iRISEmedia.com is a web design, social media marketing, and search engine marketing (SEM) firm in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Our team helps clients increase their reach and profitability by developing and implementing customized and targeted online and social media marketing strategies. We service clients in Toronto, Ontario, the GTA and throughout Canada as well as globally.